The Grants Division researches, writes and administers state, federal and foundation grants. Since 2005, the agency has obtained nearly $45 million in grant funds. The Wayne County Sheriff's Office (WCSO) has been awarded grants by the United States Department of Homeland Security, the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), United States Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office the Michigan State Police, and the State of Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- Secondary Roads grants, available to all State of Michigan Counties, funded by the Michigan State Police. Awarded annually for the patrolling of Secondary Roads within the County.
- Marine Safety grants, also awarded annually, by the State of Michigan DNR. These funds may be used for personnel, equipment, supplies and operations of the Wayne County Marine Unit.
- The State of Michigan DNR awards an Off Road Vehicle Safety (ORV) grant annually. This grant is reimbursable for $15 per person taught by a certified ORV instructor, up to $60,000 each year.
- The Sheriff's Office was awarded funding by the United States Department of Homeland Security, through the Detroit/Wayne County Port Authority. This grant allowed for the purchase of Marine vessels, dive equipment and equipment for the Special Response Team (SRT).
- The DOJ, COPS office has awarded the WCSO two technology grants. These grant funds were utilized to purchase a mobile training station, and enterprise analysis and information delivery system, mobile data terminals, global positioning systems (GPS), and a records imaging/document management system.